I'M READY TO BE ME

 

CHANGE

It can be scary, but it's necessary. 

Take my word for it. 

Once you reach insanity, you'll realize you'd rather be uncomfortable and evolving than feeling stagnant.

Life is meant to be a pleasurable experience. Enjoy it. Find what it is you'd rather be doing, and do it. I know it's easier said than done, but only you can make that change. 
Yes, I am fully aware that I need to take my own advice lol. But that is part of the reason why I'm writing this. I don't want anyone else to settle for anything less than what it is they want. I am speaking from my own experience; all it will do is lead you to build unnecessary resentment and waste your youth. 

It's time to start living your life for you. Read that again, as many times as you need to. For you.

Forget all the "what ifs" and fear of the unknown. You wouldn't have these desires if you weren't meant to experience them. You're drawn to them for a reason. 

Life begins once you start making choices that are in your favor. Quit allowing others to influence your decisions or seeking their validation in what you do. You are more than capable of doing what you feel drawn to. 

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to be me; fully me. Everyday I am becoming more comfortable with being myself, and I hope you will too. I want to remind you of the wise words of Lauryn Hill:
 
"The real you is more interesting than the fake somebody else."

I also want you to remember that you're a whole person. Meaning you don't have to shrink yourself down into being something you're not just to fit someone else's standard. You are the standard. 

You are who you're going to be, and some people won't like that you're changing. That's okay. It is normal to outgrow people and environments. Change is a natural part of life and whatever isn't changing is dead. Do not let anyone hinder your growth. 

It won't be easy, but it's not supposed to be. If it was, then we'd all be the highest versions of ourselves by now. It'll take time, but time isn't real so you're good! Take as long as you need hahaha.

When I say I'm ready to be "me", I'm referring to embodying my true self in all that I do. In every connection I make, every situation, environment, etc. I am a whole person. Two-thirds of me won't be left outside to make anyone else feel more comfortable; fuck that. I will not shrink myself to fit anyone else's idea of me. And you shouldn't either. 

You're going to attract genuine connections and opportunities that are aligned with you once you're unapologetically yourself. Let go of that fear and start trusting yourself. Watch what happens.


 

Comments

Popular Posts